Builders and Contractors
Why consider self-closing vents?
Not only do new California building codes require new venting devices for new
construction, but homeowners concerned about protecting their homes and
property are demanding retrofit of their existing structures.
The retrofit market creates new opportunities for you to serve new clients while
protecting their homes from wildfire. A win-win for you and the homeowner.
And consider other uses for a self-closing vent. A furnace room, wood/pellet
burning stove, shop or garage can be isolated from the rest of the house buying
valuable time in the event of a fire.
Why choose the Vivico FireGuard Vent?
For the builder, it's ease of installation. Whether retrofit or new construction,
simply insert into the eave vent opening. (A metal, continuously vented soffit may
require the addition of a non-vented layer.)
For the homeowner, you can show them that you have provided the best, highest
quality product that exceeds building code requirements.
- Simplicity: Only one moving part.
- Reliability: No battery, no computer components, no power source.
- Dependability: Powered by powerful, permanent neodymium magnets.
- Longevity: Made of 24 gauge galvanized sheet metal. Stainless steel
models available for high-corrosion areas.
- Reusable: After activation, if the units are not damaged, they can be reset.
- Independent: Only those units subjected to high heat are activated.
- Tested: Both university and independent labs have validated the Vivico
- Controllable: Only the Vivico FireGuard Vent can be manually closed by
the homeowner if desired.
- Quick: The Vivico FireGuard Vent closes in just 7 seconds at 165 F.
- Accepted: The Vivico FireGuard Vent has been accepted by the California
State Fire Marshall as meeting the requirements of the new Chapter 7A
Favorable Net Free Vent Area
Standard sizes with net free venting area:
4 X 16 X 4.5 26 Square Inches
6 X 16 X 6.5 40 Square Inches
8 X 16 X 8.5 53 Square Inches
Other sizes can be manufactured.
Features unique to the Vivico FireGuard Vent
- Vents may be manually closed if fire is approaching.
- Vents may be reset after activation, if not damaged by intense fire.
- Activates in only 7 seconds.
Specify the Vivico FireGuard Vent in your construction projects.
For more specific information email contactus@VivicoLLC.com or use the
form on the Contact Us page of this website.
|FireGuardVent is a patented product of Vivico LLC, Santa Rosa CA, USA.
Made in the USA!
Accepted for use by the California State Fire Marshal